(from November 2012)
November is a time to give thanks for the bountiful gifts of Creation.
November’s edition of Capsules includes events and resources to help put gratitude into action by caring for God’s Earth and sharing the abundance with all.
Inside this edition of Capsules: Watch a webinar on using church gardens to help stock food banks with healthy produce, discover ways to save energy with our Ethics of Energy page, and speak out for food justice by registering for the 2013 Ecumenical Advocacy Days!
News and Events in Capsules
- Attend an intergenerational Symposium on Eco-Justice organized by the Student Christian Movement
- Apply for McCormick Theological Seminary’s Environmental Ministry and Leadership Program
- Sign up for the 2013 National Preach-In on Global Warming
Resources in Capsules
- Learn more about Christian scholarship on environmental issues with NCC’s list of top eco-theologians
- Check out Earth-Honoring Faith, a new book from Union Theological Seminary professor Larry Rasmussen
- Download a Sustainable Autumn Living Guide for tips on living more sustainably and justly this fall